Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Dear Bayside Family


Baysiders, I invite you to join me in doing these three things this week.

1. I'm praying.
I'm praying for you and I'm praying for those friends you and I will invite to worship with us this weekend. It is going to be an UNFORGETTABLE Easter at Bayside!

I'm also praying for all the other churches and pastors who will be sharing the gospel of Jesus to filled churches Sunday. I'm praying for Harborside, Calvary, Countryside Christian, Heritage, Generations, Grace Family, and every church I drive by. Would you pray for them too? These are not our competitors but our teammates. They win, we win!

2. I'm Inviting.
I'm inviting my friends to church and I'm expecting great things. We are going the extra mile this year to ensure your invited guests have a great experience. So you can be confident your friends will be glad they came and you'll be glad you took the risk to invite them. So bring your peeps to Bayside.

3. I'm Preparing.
In preparation for the joy of Easter we will be having a special Good Friday worship experience. The service will last one hour and begins at 7:00. It will be a solemn, interactive and reflective time of worship.

For the past several days I've been praying and thinking over Matthew 28:8 as the basis for the Easter message- "Departing quickly from the (empty) tomb with FEAR and GREAT JOY, they ran to tell His disciples the news."  I'm really looking forward to talking about this. I won't give the whole message here but....spoiler alert... it has to do with the Resurrection of Jesus!

Ready? Together we go to the Cross and Empty Tomb.


No comments: