Tuesday, March 20, 2007

capturing the heart of a harlot

I read this morning about Rahab... you know that woman in the bible who was a card carrying member of the world's oldest profession. I read about how she risked everthing, literally everything, to obey the one who had finally captured her heart.

I wondered....what does it take to capture the heart of a whore? God said to me...I don't know ask yourself what it takes to capture your heart. (I didn't know if Ishould be offended by that or not). For Rahab it was a story, actually stories. She heard the stories of one who loves with an unfailing love, who protects and provides for those he loves, and who welcomes those who long for true love, and knocks on the door to give, not take. When she heard that story, about that one, she fired the pimp, threw caution to the wind and ran into the arms of the lover of her soul.

And, that day, the harlot became a queen ....

No comments: